Jacaranda Way Rezoning
JAS Engineering has submitted a request for a rezoning at 8800 E. Jacaranda Way to change 11.3 acres from SR (1 home/3.3 acres) to RX-2 (8.7 homes/1 acre). They are also requesting an amendment to the Bear Canyon Neighborhood Plan to allow for this zoning change. There will be a Neighbor Meeting on January 4, 2023, 5 pm, at the Ward 2 Office, 7575 E. Speedway (Councilman Cunningham's office). Related information can be found here. The Neighbor Notice can be found here.
The Zoning Examiner recommended against this zoning change. Here is the their conclusion:
The proposed rezoning is not consistent with the policy direction provided in Plan Tucson. The property is surrounded almost exclusively by neighborhoods with existing, low density residential, SR or RX-1 zoned homes. Under Plan Tucson, the policy goal for development within an existing neighborhood is to maintain the character of the existing neighborhood, and to promote environmentally sensitive design that protects the integrity of existing neighborhoods, complements adjacent land uses, and enhances the overall function and visual quality of the street, adjacent properties, and the community. The proposed development does not meet these policy goals. The requested R-2 zoning should not be approved.
Local Proposals and Projects
1. Neighbor Meeting for a rezoning at 8800 E. Jacaranda Way, on January 4, 2023, 5 pm, at the Ward 2 Office,7575 E. Speedway, to change 11 acres along Bears Path Rd, from SR to RX-2. This directly affects the Bear Canyon Neighborhood Plan. Related information can be found here. The Neighbor Notice can be found here. Read more...
2. Planning and Development Services Department (PDSD) updates to improve development codes, including the Unified Development Code, Technical Standards Manual, Administrative Manual, and other related codes and standards. Join a virtual or in-person public meeting to learn about and provide feedback on potential code updates.
VIRTUAL VIA ZOOM Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Please register in advance for the virtual meeting: https://bit.ly/UDCVirtualPublicMeeting After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
IN-PERSON Thursday, January 12, 2023, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m, Sentinel Building, 310 N Commerce Park Loop, Tucson, Arizona. Please RSVP for the in-person meeting: https://forms.office.com/g/6q48LpQjHe
3. New Era - Projects International - Proposed Rezoning and Development at Tanque Verde Road and Houghton Road. PUBLIC HEARING Feb. 22, 2023. Read more...
4. Casita Village at Catalina Highway and Tanque Verde, annexation and rezoning. Read more...
5. Casita Village at La Mariposa, Corte Vista La Mariposa and northwest corner of Houghton Road. Read more...